Epilay Plasfelt Synthetic Underlayment. Epilay® Plasfelt™ Roofing Underlayment with its advanced engineering is highly recommended for mechanically attached, coated woven synthetic roofing underlayment for sloped roofs. Epilay® Plasfelt™ is specifically manufactured to replace the #15 felt and #30 felt.
Epilay® Plasfelt™ is 25 times stronger than 15# felt and 5x lighter than 15# felt. With a 6.5 mil thickness, a 10 square roll weighs only 21lbs! This super low weight combined with 48″ width and 250 ft. run length means big savings in time and labor – over 30% faster to install than felt!
These unique design features, when coupled with Epilay® Plasfelt™ exceptional light weight and exceptional tear strength, allows the contractor to easily carry the roll up and down the ladder. Fewer laps, cuts, and roll handling means you can do more jobs in less time resulting in huge savings for you, the roofing contractor. Check out Epilay.com for additional information or contact one of our product specialist.
Benefits for the Epilay Plasfelt Synthetic Underlayment
Epilay® Plasfelt™ is a 100% synthetic composition providing the following benefits to the roofing contractor:
- 1 year UV protection.
- Water repellant, non-absorbent.
- 6.5 mil thickness.
- Works best for use under Asphalt Shingles & metal roofs.
- Does not wrinkle, crack or become stiff in colder temperatures for smooth and easy installation.
- Epilay® Plasfelt™ Ultra will not dry out or leach oil in high heat environments as organically saturated felts do.
- 5 times lighter and 25 times stronger than #15 Felt.
- 10 Year limited warranty.
- Class A Fire ASTM E 108 – Meets & exceeds ASTM D4869 and D226.
- Synthetic construction impervious to mold growth.
- Plasfelt 4 ply Underlayment (3 ply cross woven coated polypropylene with a layer of non-woven polypropylene).
- AC-188 approved
|Test & Standard||Typical Value|
|CLASS A Fire ASTM E108||PASS|
|Nail Sealability Modified ASTM D1970||PASS|
|Water Permeability ASTM E96||No Dripping|
|Water Transmission ASTM D4869||PASS|
|Tear Strength ASTM D4533||MD 20 lbs/CD 17 lbs|
|Tensile Strength ASTM D751||MD 65 lbs/CD 52 lbs|
|Elongation ASTM D751||MD 19%/CD 18%|
|Weight per Square ASTM D5261||2.1 lbs/0.96 kgs|
|Length per roll||250’/76.2m|
|Width per roll||48″/122cm|
|Weight per roll||21 lbs/9.6 kgs|
|Rolls per pallet||64|
|Pallet weight||1450 lbs|
Watch the product video on YouTube.