More About Copper Flashing
Why Choose Copper Metal Flashing
The benefits of copper are many. For one, it is one of the most durable materials currently available on the market, lasting up to decades longer than their steel counterparts. Copper is more resistant to hail, snow, rain, mold/mildew, and is more effective at conducting and releasing heat that would have otherwise been trapped in the roof or chimney.
On the aesthetic side, copper gains an attractive blue-green patina as it ages, and can even be treated to have this patina occur quicker should the homeowner choose to.
Choosing the Right Copper Flashing For Your ProjectWhether you are building the house of your dreams or updating an older home, make sure you're picking up the right copper flashing supplies by checking the list below.
- W-Valley: Protects the valley of a roof where two slopes come together by directing water into the gutters
- Counter: Prevents rain and/or snow from going down the siding of a chimney or roof
- Tile Pan: Used when a tile roof intersects with a sidewall
- Gravel Stop: Designed to prevent loose aggregate debris from being washed off of the roof
- Drip Edge: Designed to control the direction of running water and helps protect the underlying building components
- Angle Flashing: Features a 90° angle with no drip or hem and is most commonly used in side wall or end wall applications
- Edge Flashing: Most commonly used in re-roof applications. It is installed around the entire perimeter of the roof, this mainly serves as a watertight seal. If installed properly, it will hide or cover existing metal and shingles. It is recommended to overlap your drip edge seams to prevent water infiltration. This is typically an overlap of just 3 to 6 inches.
- Step Flashing: Step flashing or “step shingles” are individual pieces of sheet metal used in sidewall applications where the roof deck meets a wall. Step flashing directs water back on top of the roofing material preventing water infiltration under the roof
Shop with RoofingDirect.com!
Why buy from us, you may ask? Some of the perks our customers enjoy include:
Questions about a product? Contact us and we will be happy to help.